Air Conditioner Installation and Replacement in Plano, TX
Call 972-881-0020 for a new AC system today!
A summer in Plano requires a reliable and powerful air conditioning system. At Total Air & Heat, installing top-notch cooling systems is just the way our business works. We provide North Dallas homeowners with the best, most efficient, and most dependable air conditioner systems around. And to do that, we offer up industry-leading, certified HVAC professionals and top-notch cooling systems!
Do you need a new top quality air conditioner installation for your home in Dallas, Plano, or the surrounding areas? Contact Total Air & Heat online today to get started!
Air Conditioner Installation: Upgrade Your Home’s AC Today!
When the heat comes barreling in, there’s only one thing that can provide relief—your air conditioner. Without an efficient cooling system, you might find yourself sweating all summer long. Don’t put up with an air conditioner than can’t keep your home comfortable. Schedule air conditioner installation in the Dallas and Plano area!
If your system is not installed correctly, it might be running inefficiently—costing you extra money each month and not allowing the system to keep your home cool 24 hours a day! When you choose Total Air & Heat for AC installation in Plano, you can rest easy knowing you have an expert on the job. Whether you need a completely new system, a replacement, or a ductless unit added to an addition, our team can help.
For unparalleled air conditioner installation in Plano, TX, contact Total Air & Heat!
Types of AC Systems We Install
There are a few choices when it comes to types of AC units. The type of cooling system you choose should be based on the architecture of your Plano home, your environmental consciousness, and the size of your home.
- Central air conditioning systems – Central AC units cool your home by pumping cold air through ducts in your walls. Typically, the evaporator system is located in the basement, so if you have limited space, you may want to choose a mini-split system or heat pump.
- Mini-split or ductless air conditioners – Mini-split systems eliminate the need for ductwork by using thin copper tubing that pumps refrigerant directly to wall-mounted blowers inside one room. This also works in reverse in winter, absorbing heat from the outside air and moving it indoors to heat your home.
- Heat pumps – Similar to mini-split systems, heat pumps absorb the air from the outside and remove the heat from it, creating a nice flow of cold air inside. Heat pumps do use ductwork unless you specify for a ductless heat pump. In a reverse cycle, you can use a heat pump to heat your home as well.
- Geothermal air conditioners – Using pipes buried deep in the ground, geothermal AC units use water and the earth’s temperature to extract heat from the air and pump out chilled air through ductwork. This is the most energy-efficient type of AC unit.
Our AC installation technicians in Plano will help you choose the best AC unit for you and your family, and we offer upfront and honest pricing. We’re not happy unless you’re happy, so we’ll make sure your new air conditioner installation or replacement works as efficiently as possible.
Not sure which system is best for your home? Contact us online or over the phone at 972-881-0020 to schedule AC installation in Plano and North Dallas.
Do I Need a New Air Conditioner?
If you’re not sure whether you need a new air conditioner, you’re not alone. It can be confusing, especially if you inherited it when you moved into a new Texas home. If you know your air conditioner is at least 10-15 years old, it’s worth it to have a professional come out and inspect it to determine if your best choice is AC repair or full replacement.
Older air conditioners probably don’t have as high fuel efficiency as newer ones, because standards set by the Department of Energy have changed. One of the biggest reasons we see people install new air conditioners is that it saves them money on their cooling bills in the long run. It’s likely that a new air conditioner will automatically have a higher fuel efficiency than an older one.
Contact us online or over the phone at 972-881-0020 to schedule AC installation in Plano and North Dallas.
When Should I Replace My Air Conditioner?
Typically, you should replace your air conditioner every 15-20 years or when you notice any of the following signs:
- You need to call for repairs more often. If you need more than two repairs in any season, there is no question you need an air conditioner replacement. Even if you’ve had repairs any time in the last two years, you should consider an upgrade or new air conditioner installation.
- Your cooling bills are going up. Despite fuel costs steadily rising year after year, your cooling bills shouldn’t creep up that much. If you notice a large increase, you need to get a new air conditioner.
- Your home still feels hot. If it never seems like your home is cool enough, you may need to change your filters or get a new cooling system installed.
- You notice a reduction in air quality. If you or your family have noticed a decline in air quality in your home, it could very well be your air conditioner or HVAC system in general.
A big mistake we see lots of folks in Plano and North Dallas make is putting off replacing their air conditioner, opting to continually get repairs instead. You’re actually losing money when you do that! Modern AC units are more energy-efficient than models from even five years ago, and the savings you get from monthly energy bills should pay for your unit within five years. Since AC units last at least 15 years, that’s a whole 10 years of cash-in-your-pocket savings!
If you’ve started to experience any of the issues listed above, contact Total Air & Heat! Our AC contractors will quickly and efficiently install a new air conditioner in your Plano home.
The Benefits of AC Replacement
Wondering why you might want to trade in your old, faithful air conditioner system for a new air conditioner upgrade? You might be surprised to find that the benefits are far more than just cooler air. When you choose an air conditioner installation with Total Air & Heat, you can expect:
- Better home comfort. A modern cooling system just provides for your cooling needs better, easy as that. You’ll get more cooling for what you pay for, ensuring your home is well-equipped to handle the worst of a Texas summer.
- A more efficient air conditioner. Not only will your new air conditioner upgrade be stronger, but you’ll even pay less to get your comfort! The energy-efficiency of newer models surpass that of older units, meaning more comfort at less cost.
- More reliable cooling. Past the 10 to 15 year mark, you’ll notice that your current cooling unit will need repair more often, and is much more likely to wear out completely. Replacing your air conditioner now heads off the issue, reducing the stress of having to go without adequate cooling in the middle of a summer season.
- A reduced carbon footprint and helping the environment. Older units still use R-22, a compound that is being gradually phased out due to its negative environmental impact and health risks. By swapping to a new system you’re not only getting a better system but one that’s better for our planet as well.
Why Choose Us for Your AC Replacement?
Did you know that correctly installing an air conditioner can reduce your home’s cooling costs by up to 30%? Without a correctly installed air conditioner, you may have airflow problems, mechanical problems, and insulation problems that can cause cold air to escape.
Our team has expertly installed air conditioners in North Dallas homes since 1957. Trust Total Air & Heat for air conditioner installation services—call at 972-881-0020!
We also offer commercial HVAC installation.
Contact Total Air & Heat
When considering a new or replacement air conditioner, it’s best to factor in your monthly bills, how old your existing air conditioner is, and how reliable it is. If it’s obvious your air conditioner is at the end of its life, save yourself the hassle of paying for continuous repairs and go ahead and get a new air conditioner—you’ll have to eventually get one anyway, and the sooner you do, the more money you’ll save! For reliable air conditioner installation or replacement, you can count on us for air conditioner services in Addison, TX, Allen, TX, Dallas, TX, Frisco, TX, Garland, TX, Little Elm, TX, McKinney, TX, Plano, TX, Richardson, TX, and more! Don’t see your city listed? Call us to see if we service your area!
Contact Total Air & Heat today to get a quote on new air conditioner installation in North Dallas!
See What Your Neighbors Are Saying
“OUTSTANDING / SERVICE PROFESSIONAL! This was our first encounter with this company or any heating and air service. The metroplex is such a large area with many companies claiming to be the best, so you its hard to really tell what you are going to get when they show up. Total Air & Heat lived up to its claim. Excellent service and outstanding service tech. Robert R. was the technician that showed up. The company called first, then Robert showed up on time and got right down to business. Very thorough, professional, and clean work. Robert really took care of us. Robert took the time to patiently explain everything that he did and how it would be done and resolved all of our concerns and questions. This company allows you to request the same service tech each time they come out to do a service. We will definitely be requesting Robert R. as our personal service technician. Nice guy and made it a pleasure to do business with them. Robert is the man!”
– Ezra B.
“Total Air and Hear were referred by a neighbor. I have been extremely impressed with the level of professionalism of this company. The salesman measured the area that would be cooled/heated and came equipped with the computer software to verify tonnage needed and complete a bid on the spot….no delay in waiting for that information. I was also pleased that the company is of adequate size to handle the installation with their own employees. The small A/C company that handles my routine maintenance would have subcontracted the installation and I think that adds a confusing layer to the warranty and perhaps comes with added cost. Total Air and Heat installed a superior system for very little added cost over the first bid I received. As an accountant, I was super impressed that my payment (check) was placed in a tamper-proof envelope in my presence by the head installer. I’ve never seen that from a service provider. …so professional!”
– Kathy M.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Is It Time to Repair or Replace My Air Conditioner in North Dallas?
- What Type of Air Conditioner Is Right for My North Dallas Home?
- Benefits of Ductless Air Conditioning for My North Dallas Home
- Signs You Need Emergency Air Conditioner Repair in Dallas
- Cooling System Buying Guide for Plano Homeowners