5 Signs You Need a Furnace Repair
Absolutely nothing is worse for your comfort here in Plano than suddenly having to do without heating service in the middle of one of our chilly spells. Needing furnace repair is never fun, but if you know what to look out for, you can get a heads up on what needs to get done!
At Total Air & Heat, we pride ourselves on fast, effective repair services that restore your comfort and return your home to normalcy as soon as possible. Are you familiar with a furnace’s warning signs? If not, our certified HVAC specialists are here to teach you the ropes, so you can know without a doubt when you need to call in the pros.
Furnace Warning Signs
Heating systems are surprisingly communicative. If your furnace is having trouble, there are clear audio and visual cues you can keep an eye out for. And knowing when you need furnace repair can ensure you get a quick solution, and avoid possible further complications.
Keep watch for these telltale signs:
- Poor or weak air flow. You’ll usually note that your home is a little chillier than it should be when you’ve got this problem. If you check your vents only to find them eking out the slightest whisper of warm air, you’ve almost definitely got an air flow problem. These usually come as a result of a dirty filter (which you might check on your own), clogs in the ventilation system, or dust accumulation in the furnace itself.
- Changes in energy efficiency. Is your monthly heating bill looking a bit bigger than last month’s? This is often an early warning sign of a malfunctioning furnace, or one that needs maintenance service. You can save yourself a lot of trouble if you keep a close eye on your heating costs and contact a pro if they start fluctuating often!
- Clanking, banging, and other disconcerting sounds. Furnaces aren’t the quietest systems in the world, but it’s unusual to hear anything more than the steady hum of your furnace in normal operation. Squeaking, squealing, clanks, and pops are all indications that there is a problem with one or more of the components in your system. If you’re hearing odd sounds, you need service now! Loose components can severely damage your furnace if left alone, and may result in a need for furnace replacement.
- Funky odors. You’ll often experience a musty odor when you’re first turning on your system for the season. It’s usually just accumulated dust that is now burning off. But if the smell persists for hours or more, it’s a really good idea to call in an expert.
- An unresponsive or malfunctioning thermostat. If your thermostat is displaying inaccurate temperatures or isn’t responding when you attempt to alter the temperature in your home, you’re probably dealing with electrical problems. Frustrating, yes, but an easy fix for a certified professional like the ones at Total Air & heat in Plano!
Furnace Repair Services in Plano & Dallas
When you need service and quality you can depend on, you can always trust the team at Total Air & Heat! We use industry-leading diagnostics and superior knowledge to ensure your repair needs are met as fast as accuracy will allow. Contact us today to get the repair services you need!