Tips to Improve Furnace Efficiency in Dallas & Plano
Folks that live elsewhere may scoff at the idea of a winter in Dallas. But for us residents, we know better! Our nights get cold, and when we’re really in the thick of it, things get bitter in a hurry. Luckily for us, we tend to have modern furnaces in our homes that stave off even the worst of it. But there’s a sticking point there, isn’t there? Furnace heat isn’t cheap!
Looking for ways to optimize your furnace, increase its efficiency, and all around save a boatload of cash on your heating bills? If so, you’ve come to the right place. The experts at Total Air & Heat know HVAC like no one else, and we have the quick and easy tips you need to stay comfortable, both in heating, and in the bank.
Looking for top-class heating services in Dallas, Plano, or the surrounding areas in Texas? Give us a call or contact our experts online!
Improving Efficiency Effectively for Your Dallas Furnace
An efficient furnace is one that can meet your heating needs in the fastest, most effective way. It is optimized and streamlined, thus allowing it to do its job easily. Think that’s hard to accomplish? It isn’t! Follow these tips and you’ll soon enjoy loads of savings:
- Weatherizing your home. First up we’re going to talk about something that isn’t your furnace, but has a huge impact on how well it operates. Your windows, your doors, and even your walls play a vital role. If they aren’t properly weatherized then science will take hold, and your home’s warm air will move to the outside. Install or update the weatherstripping on your windows and doors, and have your home insulation checked by a professional. We’re talking a difference in 20 percent or more of your heating bill, no joke!
- Optimizing air flow. Healthy air flow is one of the most critical, if not the most critical, aspect of your furnace. To work effectively, it needs to have healthy flow that facilitates the free exchange of heat into your home. To get this, be sure you change your air filter frequently. It’s not a once a year job, it’s a once every two months job, and the difference is massive.
- Keeping things tidy. Check the vents in your home, and while you’re at it, check the furnace unit itself. Things looking dusty? If so, that simple layer of dust could be bumping up your heating costs by a surprising percentage by choking your furnace. That’s right, just routine dusting will help with your furnace efficiency!
- Getting HVAC maintenance. Professional furnace maintenance is the difference between a shoddy, frequently broken down furnace and an optimized system that performs perfectly for years. It improves efficiency, keeps your home air clean, and even reduces the risks of a costly breakdown. Of all of the services we offer, maintenance might just be the most important!
- Knowing when to fold em. There comes a time in every furnace’s life where it just stops being good at it’s job. For some that comes as early as five, 10 years. For others, it might be around 15. But no matter when it happens, knowing when it’s time to replace can be a huge part of your home savings. New systems are stronger, more efficient, and far less prone to failure—and they get better each and every year.
Furnace Services in Dallas & Plano, Texas
When the winter weather is upon us, you need a reliable heating system that will maintain the comfort levels in your home. Total Air & Heat’s expert team works hard to ensure you and your family remain comfortable all winter long. We guarantee a 24-hour response time anywhere in the area and guarantee you’ll be satisfied with our work! For reliable furnace installation, maintenance, and repair, you can count on us!
Ready to make your home a warm and toasty this winter? Give us a call at 972-881-0020 for furnace services all over the Dallas and Plano, Texas area.