Geothermal Heat Pump Repair in Plano & North Dallas
While geothermal heat pumps are reliable and long-lived, they aren’t immune to breakdowns. When your system starts acting up, you need a repair technician you can trust to restore proper function and home comfort.
The professionals at Total Air & Heat have been offering geothermal heat pump repair in the Dallas and Plano area since 1957. No matter what’s wrong with your system, you can trust that we’ve seen it before, and we know how to get things operating smoothly again!
To schedule geothermal heat pump repair for your Texas home, please contact Total Air & Heat.
Signs You Need Geothermal Heat Pump Repair
Does your HVAC system need some attention? If you’re not sure, watch for these signs that you should schedule geothermal heat pump repair:
- Strange noises coming from the heat pump: After years of using your geothermal heat pump, you should be familiar with the sound of the compressor kicking on. However, a rattling or grinding noise at startup could indicate mechanical problems. To prevent further damage, turn off the heat pump and call for help immediately.
- Foul odors or a burning smell: Never ignore strange fumes coming from your geothermal heat pump. First, change the filter and see if the smell dissipates. Can you detect it throughout the house, or is the smell isolated to just one area? If you can’t find an obvious reason for the odor, call an HVAC technician.
- Uneven heating and cooling: If you experience this problem, try installing a clean filter to improve airflow. If that doesn’t help, the heat pump may be malfunctioning and require professional service.
- Steadily increasing energy bills: Geothermal systems are praised for their incredible efficiency. Even decades-old systems are more efficient than today’s best air conditioners and furnaces. Therefore, if you notice your energy bills going up, you know something is wrong.
- Humidity problems: During the hot and humid Texas summer, you rely on your geothermal heat pump to remove excess humidity. If your home feels muggy lately, a professional repair may be needed to fix the problem.
Types of Geothermal Heat Pump Repairs We Offer
Utilizing our state-of-the-art diagnostic techniques and extensive training, our technicians can determine what’s wrong with your geothermal heat pump and provide the repair you need. Here are the types of problems we can fix:
- Electrical failure
- Broken blower motor
- Frost on the coils
- Leaky underground loops
- Compressor problems
- Refrigerant leaks
- Issues with staging
24/7 Emergency Geothermal System Repair in Plano & North Dallas
HVAC systems always seem to break down with inopportune timing. You may not be able to wait until regular business hours to have your geothermal heat pump repaired. That’s why Total Air & Heat offers emergency HVAC service on nights and weekends. We’re here for you around the clock to ensure you never have to spend one night, let alone an entire weekend, without heating and cooling.
How to Avoid Needing Geothermal Heat Pump Repair
Every homeowner wants their HVAC system to perform seamlessly. To help your geothermal heat pump avoid breakdowns, start by operating it as intended. Keep all air registers open to promote proper system balance, and implement energy-efficient upgrades throughout your home to reduce the wear and tear on your heat pump.
Then, make routine maintenance a top priority. Since heat pumps operate year-round, you should service it twice a year. Preventative steps such as cleaning the coils and blower motor, lubricating moving parts, and tightening electrical connections help the system run smoothly. Plus, with the chance for a technician to find and repair problems early, you experience fewer breakdowns and lower repair costs.
Request Geothermal Heat Pump Repair in North Dallas & Plano, TX
With over six decades of experience, Total Air & Heat is highly qualified to inspect and repair your geothermal heat pump. We proudly serve the Dallas and Plano area with speedy repair work that’s done right the first time around.