Heat Pump Maintenance in Dallas & Plano, Texas
Your heat pump is one of the most important pieces of equipment in your home. Its job is to keep you and your family comfortable year round. When the frigid winters arrive, you should be able to relax in a warm and cozy home. And when the Texas heat begins making the outdoors unbearable, your family should be able to rely on your heat pump to keep your house calm, cool, and collected. To keep your heat pump from giving you trouble, you need to undergo routine maintenance to ensure your family’s comfort stays intact.
When you need heat pump services throughout the Dallas area, including Plano, you can count on Total Air & Heat for dependable routine maintenance that will leave your heat pump operating at maximum efficiency year in and year out! Contact us today!
What Does a Heat Pump Tune-Up Include?
Heat pumps are expected to last anywhere from 10 – 15 years, but without proper maintenance, your heating and cooling system will begin giving you trouble earlier than expected. Your heat pump is like a car. Repairs are much less expensive if a technicians spots the problem before it gets out of control. Regular service intervals allow Total Air & Heat’s trained personnel to spot trouble before it becomes a major expense, saving you money. With scheduled heat pump maintenance, the experts at Total Air & Heat will:
- Calibrate your thermostat
- Clean and, if necessary, replace your air filters
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check all fuses and coils
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Inspect the safety controls
- And more!
When it comes to knowing exactly what your heat pump needs, nothing beats the trained eye of a certified professional. Regardless of whether you choose to perform certain maintenance yourself, professional assistance should be sought annually to ensure all systems are optimal. In addition, if you would prefer to not perform the aforementioned maintenance, or lack the time, a good maintenance service offers a full maintenance plan that covers all of the bases.
In order to get the most out of your heat pump, you need to schedule routine maintenance! Contact Total Air & Heat today to learn more about our heat pump tune-ups in the Dallas area.
Heat Pump Maintenance Tips for Improved Comfort in Dallas
- Keep up with your filter. The hands-down simplest and (arguably) most important aspect of maintaining your HVAC system is to keep up with filters. Both your pump, and the air quality of your home depend on a clean, unobstructed filter. A filter that is old, damaged or dirty drastically impacts the effectiveness of your pump. Filters vary in size and hardiness, so be sure to know exactly what you need, and how often it needs cleaning/replacing. When applicable, strive to get a high-efficiency cleanable filter, if your unit supports one. These save tons of money and stress, and ensure good, solid work from your pump.
- Keep an eye on your drain. The condensate drain plays an integral role in removing the humidity your pump collects from the machine. If this drain becomes clogged or damaged, it can spell a drop in efficiency at best, and a complete breakdown at worst. The condensate drain should be checked at least at the beginning of each season, to ensure clear and clean flow.
- Check your ducts. Dirty, dusty and clogged ductwork can choke your geothermal heat pump, drastically reducing efficiency. On top of this, dirty ducts also contribute to a poor air quality, and can be a huge contributor to higher allergy issues and funky, musty home smells. Ductwork cleaning is no small task, but it pays big in the long run.
- Lubricate moving parts. Mechanical parts in your heat pump rely on specific amounts of friction to work properly. If they become too stressed, it can spell a huge repair bill and potential disaster. Belts, motors and components (non-electrical) should be lubricated appropriate yearly.
Heat Pump Maintenance Plan
With a Total Air & Heat HVAC maintenance plan you get:
Heating & Cooling Service You Can Trust
Day in and day out, the trained and dependable staff at Total Air & Heat looks after you and your family’s heating and air conditioning needs. We work with you to make your service calls as convenient as possible for you.
Priority HVAC Emergency Service
There’s nothing worse than needing emergency HVAC services. While the ongoing heat pump maintenance program will reduce your emergency needs, should that need arise, Total Air & Heat is there for you, now! We guarantee 24-hour response anywhere in the Dallas, TX area. Our technicians will assess the problem and fix it as quickly as possible so you can go back to your normal life.
Peace of Mind
Knowing that trouble is stopped before it starts, and that your family can always depend on your heating and air conditioning system to meet your winter and summer needs will give you peace of mind. You’ll sleep well, knowing your family is safe, warm, and comfortable in your home.
Heat Pump Maintenance in the Dallas & Plano Area
For over 50 years your Dallas area neighbors have trusted the Total Air & Heat team to provide them with trustworthy and dependable HVAC services. Avoid unexpected heat pump problems! Contact Total Air & Heat to sign up for our maintenance heating plan, RESA! Our technicians are all NATE-certified and required to attend a minimum of two manufacturers’ training schools a year.