How clean is the air in your home? According to the Environmental Protection Agency, probably not very. If you live in Frisco, Texas or the surrounding areas, your home could be up to 100 times more polluted than the air outside. Indoor air pollution is one of the top five environmental risks to your health. Studies have shown that year-round asthma symptoms, sneezing, and some allergies could be made worse—or even caused by—poor indoor air quality (IAQ).
There are ways to remedy the poor air quality in your home, like installing a whole-house air filtration system, but first you should get your air quality tested.
Ready to see how clean your air is? Contact us today for a consultation about an IAQ test in your Dallas-Fort Worth area home, including Frisco! You and your family deserve to breathe fresh air!
Risks of Poor Indoor Air Quality in Your Frisco Home
The Dallas, TX area landed the #8 spot on the American Lung Association’s Most Polluted Cities, which already puts you at a higher risk than other places in the U.S. The risks of living with poor indoor air quality include more frequent illnesses, getting asthma, and aggravated allergy symptoms.
Did you know:
- More than 15 million Americans are estimated to have asthma, including one out of every 13 school-aged children.
- In the last 30 years, the number of people with asthma has gone up by almost 60%.
- 87% of American homeowners are not aware that pollution may be worse inside their homes than outdoors.
- The World Health Organization estimates that approximately 30% of newly constructed and remodeled facilities have indoor air quality problems.
- Because they breathe faster than adults, children inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults and are especially sensitive to air quality problems.
- Over 28 million Americans suffer from hay fever and allergies.
Schedule an Indoor Air Quality Testing in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area
Using the results of your indoor air quality test, you and our indoor air quality specialist can work together to select the best solution, which may include lifestyle changes, improved ventilation, thermostats, humidifiers or dehumidifiers, advanced air cleaning technology, or carbon monoxide detectors.
Schedule your IAQ testing today in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, including Frisco—you won’t regret it!
Serving Frisco’s HVAC Needs
For all your HVAC needs in the Frisco area, turn to Total Air & Heat—call or click today to learn more about: