Benefits of Residential Duct Cleaning
There’s a lot of buzz surrounding duct cleaning lately. Why? Because consumers are becoming more and more aware of the importance of air quality, and the role it plays in our lives. Those with high allergies are plagued by the caked on dust and pollen commonly lurking in uncleaned duct work. The benefits aren’t just limited to those with allergy sensitivity, either!
What benefits, you ask? The experts at Total Air & Heat are certified and well-versed in duct cleaning, and we’d like to take the time to clue you in.
The Primary Benefits of Duct Cleaning in Dallas & Plano
As we said, not all of the benefits are health-related (though there are plenty of those, too!). A good, professionally administered duct cleaning can net you:
- Reduced allergies. Dust mites, dead skin cells, pollen, smoke stains, and even rodent droppings all make their way into your ducts. Worse yet, once they’re there, they aren’t going anywhere without a cleaning. Those with allergies can experience drastically worse symptoms than usual, even compared to a Dallas summer outdoors!
- Better air quality. On average, the air in your home is much the same as it is outdoors. Except the air in your home is many, many times more concentrated. This means more pollutants per cubic unit of air than outdoors by orders of magnitude. Lung health is of prime importance, and getting rid of the mold and dust in your ducts is key to improved health.
- Cleaner living space. Maintaining your home could be a losing battle if you’re not getting your ducts serviced. Over time, the dust and debris in your ducts will make its way into your home, settling into carpets, onto furniture, and even into your clothing. Cleaner ducts can make for a cleaner home!
- Improved HVAC efficiency and lifespan. Common air pollutants can choke out your heating and cooling system in a hurry. You see, as a secondary function, your HVAC system serves as a low-grade air filtration system (not as strong as equipment specifically created for this task, but not negligible either). Filters, ductwork, and the system itself can all become clogged over time. This leads to much weaker performance, increased cost of operation, and eventually a shorter lifespan for your system.
All of these factors are particularly important depending upon where exactly you live. Here in Plano and the surrounding areas, allergen counts, pollution, and pollen are all very high. This means duct cleaning becomes even more critical for the health of your residents, and your home itself.
Keep in mind that duct cleaning is just like any other home maintenance task: It works best when done regularly. You wouldn’t vacuum your floors just once the entire time you live in your home, would you? Professional duct cleaning can do a lot to abate allergy symptoms and increase performance, but it works best when taken care of consistently.
Tasks You Can Perform On Your Own
Between professional cleanings, you can extend the benefits of your clean ducts by:
- Dusting and vacuuming weekly
- Replacing your air filter monthly, or bi-monthly
- Laundering drapes regularly
- Controlling the humidity levels in your home (keep it between 30-50% with a home humidifier)
Professional Duct Cleaning in Dallas & Plano, Texas
Total Air & Heat’s air duct cleaning services promote improved health, increased efficiency, and reduced costs—why wait? If you’re interested in getting the maximum quality of heating or air conditioning for the lowest cost and highest value, we can help.
Ready to get started enjoying the benefits of clean and clear ducts? Contact the certified specialists at Total Air & Heat today to set an appointment!