When your Plano air conditioner goes kaput, it can be really easy to just want an entirely new system. And as our experts know, sometimes replacement is your best call. However, air conditioning systems can have a very wide range of problems! Before you rush into a major investment for what might just need a quick fix, it is important to understand the kind of problems your system can have.
At Total Air & Heat, we always want to provide you with the best service possible. We reflect this not only in our efforts, but in ensuring we are meeting your needs with the right solution. If you need replacement, we’re on it! But if professional repair can provide the relief you need, it’s likely the better option.
When to Seek Air Conditioner Repair
So what kind of problems can be handled with a repair service? Quite a few, actually! You can depend on the certified specialists at Total Air & Heat in Texas to provide repair for:
- Reduced efficiency. If you’re not getting the quality cooling you’re accustomed to, or if your energy costs seem to be spiking sporadically, you could be looking at a bunch of different issues. Luckily, the vast majority of these problems can be dealt with a repair visit!
- Poor air flow. Weak air, warm air, and ineffective cooling are usually attributed to a dirty or clogged system. This can be your ducts or the system itself. Either way, repair has you covered here. The problem might be so simple that you can handle it yourself! Check your air filter and change it if dirty. That might take care of your air flow woes right away.
- Odd sounds. You’re probably pretty familiar with the sounds your air conditioner makes. If you notice anything out of the ordinary at all, it’s critical to call in for repairs! If caught quickly, the damaged part or component can be repaired quickly. But if this is left alone for too long, you might be looking at replacement.
- Musty, strange odors. Funky smells and dusty air usually go hand in hand with poor air flow, as the common causes generally correlate. But you could also be dealing with electrical problems! If the smell is similar to burnt plastic, shut off your system and call for repair immediately!
- Freeze ups. A freezing system can be confusing and more than a little bit frustrating. But barring a refrigerant leak, a repair service will likely provide the fix you’re looking for. In the case of a refrigerant leak, you might need a replacement instead. Especially if your system is still using R-22 refrigerant!
So When Should I Replace My AC Unit?
Overall, replacement is the best option for either things that cannot be repaired, continue to cause problems after being repaired, or in situations where your system is simply not living up to your needs. A good air conditioning system is crucial to your comfort here in Texas and a system that fails to provide superior cooling should be replaced with one that can.
If you’re not sure which option meets your needs best, don’t stress! The experts at Total Air & Heat have you covered, and we can walk you through your options, laying out the best choice of action to get the cooling you deserve!
Air Conditioning Installation, Maintenance & Repair in Dallas & Plano, Texas
When the summer heat is upon us, you need a reliable cooling system that will maintain the comfort levels in your home. Total Air & Heat’s expert team works hard to ensure you and your family remain comfortable all summer long. We guarantee a 24-hour response time anywhere in the area and guarantee you’ll be satisfied with our work! For reliable air conditioner installation, maintenance, and repair, you can count on us!
Ready to make your home a cool retreat for the summer? Give us a call at 972-881-0020 for services all over the Dallas, Texas area.