Breathe Easier… We’ll Show You How!
Findings from leading experts on clean air and you…You’ve probably seen a lot of air cleaning technologies currently being advertised on TV. And what many products claim can be difficult to believe. In fact, a leading consumer magazine recently challenged the effectiveness of many of these air cleaning products.That’s why when we say TRANE CleanEffects™ is the world’s most effective whole-house air filtration system, we back it up with research from some of the industry’s leading experts, including professors Dr. John McCarthy and Dr. John Spengler from the Harvard School of Public Health.
The risks and who’s affected…
- The EPA ranks indoor air pollution among the top five environmental risks to public health.
- EPA studies indicate that indoor levels of many pollutants may be 25 times, and occasionally more than 100 times, higher than outdoor levels. In general, indoor air is four to five times more polluted than outdoor air.
- More than 15 million Americans are estimated to have asthma, including one-in-13 school-age children.
- In the last 30 years, the number of people with asthma has gone up by almost 60%.
- 87% of American homeowners are not aware that pollution may be worse inside their homes than outdoors.
- The World Health Organization estimates that approximately 30% of newly constructed and remodeled facilities have indoor air quality problems.
- Because they breathe faster than adults, children inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults and are especially sensitive to air quality problems.
- Over 28 million Americans suffer from hay fever and other allergies.
- According to a study by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, indoor air contaminants are responsible for half of all illnesses.
Clean air is just the beginning…TRANE CleanEffects not only provides everyone in your home with the clean air they need, it does not intrude into your living space. It is installed as part of your heating and air conditioning system, not a standalone appliance that is noisy, unsightly and takes up space in individual rooms. TRANE CleanEffects, working in conjunction with your heating and cooling system, does not require a separate fan to filter the air in your home. This provides you with quiet and efficient operation, and clean air throughout the whole house.
Other benefits include:
- Minimal cleaning
- Indicators on the unit that tell you when it needs routine cleaning, which is as easy as vacuuming or rinsing after 3 to 9 months (depending on usage).
- Innovative materials increase filter efficiency by increasing the filter surface areas without blocking the air flowing through your system.
- Easy installation
- Minimal ozone generated, less than 5 PPB (parts per billion), well below the 10 PPB FDA voluntary emission limit for medical devices and significantly below some ionic-type room appliances that may reach hundreds of PPBs.
UV Lights: An IAQ SolutionThe application of UV light to reduce contaminants and bacteria has been in use for years now. You can see the technology present in everything from fish tanks to food service; employed to ward off mold growth, bacteria, and common contaminants. Even hospitals utilize UV light to avoid the circulation of harmful particles and to take advantage of its germicidal properties.The wavelength of UV light used to remove these harmful substances (Specifically UV-C) has the ability to break down germs and other biological hazards that are common in the everyday household. They achieve this by breaking down the nucleic acids present in bacteria and mold, thus keeping these contaminants out of your air, and out of your HVAC filtration system!Learn more about the benefits of using UV lights to improve the air quality in your Dallas area home!
Indoor Air Quality FAQs
We spend 90% of our time every day indoors. Plus, today’s efficient, airtight homes are excellent at conserving energy, but that also makes them better at trapping potentially irritating particles inside the home. With the rising number of people who suffer from allergies and asthma, indoor air quality has become more and more important to our general health and well-being.
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) is recognized by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a fair and objective measure of various air cleaner technologies. CADR provides the number of cubic feet of clean air a unit delivers each minute. A higher CADR means a greater amount of clean air is being delivered to your home.
Yes. Consider that the average home generates 40 pounds of dust for every 1500 square feet of space. While regular home cleaning is an excellent measure to reduce exposure to irritants and pollutants, it’s simply impossible to remove enough of the material by hand to make your home’s air as comfortable as it can be.
The best thing you can do is to remove as many of the particles from your home’s air as you can. That’s why we’ve introduced the revolutionary new TRANE CleanEffects air filtration system. It works as part of your total home comfort system to remove up to an industry-leading 99.98% of the airborne allergens from your home’s filtered air. There is no other system you can buy that matches the effectiveness of TRANE CleanEffects.