Breathe Easier… We’ll Show You How!
Findings from leading experts on clean air and you…
You’ve probably seen a lot of air cleaning technologies currently being advertised on TV. And what many products claim can be difficult to believe. In fact, a leading consumer magazine recently challenged the effectiveness of many of these air cleaning products.
That’s why when we say TRANE CleanEffects™ is the world’s most effective whole-house air filtration system, we back it up with research from some of the industry’s leading experts, including professors Dr. John McCarthy and Dr. John Spengler from the Harvard School of Public Health.
The risks and who’s affected…
- The EPA ranks indoor air pollution among the top five environmental risks to public health.
- EPA studies indicate that indoor levels of many pollutants may be 25 times, and occasionally more than 100 times, higher than outdoor levels. In general, indoor air is four to five times more polluted than outdoor air.
- More than 15 million Americans are estimated to have asthma, including one-in-13 school-age children.
- In the last 30 years, the number of people with asthma has gone up by almost 60%.
- 87% of American homeowners are not aware that pollution may be worse inside their homes than outdoors.
- The World Health Organization estimates that approximately 30% of newly constructed and remodeled facilities have indoor air quality problems.
- Because they breathe faster than adults, children inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults and are especially sensitive to air quality problems.
- Over 28 million Americans suffer from hay fever and other allergies.
- According to a study by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, indoor air contaminants are responsible for half of all illnesses.
TOTAL AIR & HEAT CO. is the right choice! We stand behind the work we do, and offer an industry leading warranty.
How is TRANE CleanEffects™ different from the air cleaners I see advertised on TV?
No other air filter can even come close to the effectiveness of a TRANE CleanEffects™ Take a look at this table and see:
TRANE CleanEffects also generates a minimal amount of ozone, less than 5 PPB (parts per billion), well below the 10 PPB FDA voluntary emission limit for medical devices and significantly below some ionic-type room appliances that may reach hundreds of PPBs. Also, since the unit is not typically placed in your home’s living areas like room-size cleaners are, there is no annoying noise that can make it difficult for you to relax.
Clean air is just the beginning…
TRANE CleanEffects not only provides everyone in your home with the clean air they need, it does not intrude into your living space. It is installed as part of your heating and air conditioning system, not a standalone appliance that is noisy, unsightly and takes up space in individual rooms. TRANE CleanEffects, working in conjunction with your heating and cooling system, does not require a separate fan to filter the air in your home. This provides you with quiet and efficient operation, and clean air throughout the whole house.
Other benefits include:
- Minimal cleaning
- Indicators on the unit that tell you when it needs routine cleaning, which is as easy as vacuuming or rinsing after 3 to 9 months (depending on usage).
- Innovative materials increase filter efficiency by increasing the filter surface areas without blocking the air flowing through your system.
- Easy installation
- Minimal ozone generated, less than 5 PPB (parts per billion), well below the 10 PPB FDA voluntary emission limit for medical devices and significantly below some ionic-type room appliances that may reach hundreds of PPBs.
When comparing air cleaners of any kind ask us for the clean air delivery rate for that type air cleaner, and then compare it to the rating for TRANE CleanEffects. You’ll filter more of the air in your home more efficiently than you ever thought possible.
UV Lights: An IAQ Solution
The application of UV light to reduce contaminants and bacteria has been in use for years now. You can see the technology present in everything from fish tanks to food service; employed to ward off mold growth, bacteria, and common contaminants. Even hospitals utilize UV light to avoid the circulation of harmful particles and to take advantage of its germicidal properties.
The wavelength of UV light used to remove these harmful substances (Specifically UV-C) has the ability to break down germs and other biological hazards that are common in the everyday household. They achieve this by breaking down the nucleic acids present in bacteria and mold, thus keeping these contaminants out of your air, and out of your HVAC filtration system!
Learn more about the benefits of using UV lights to improve the air quality in your Dallas area home!