Geothermal Heat Pump Maintenance in Plano & North Dallas
Geothermal heat pumps are among the most efficient and reliable methods of home heating and cooling. Of course, to keep your heat pump and the underground loop system in peak condition, you must maintain it regularly.
The HVAC maintenance crew at Total Air & Heat can handle the task! We offer system checks and cleanings to help you enjoy the most comfortable, efficient home possible. For the best year-round performance, we recommend maintaining your geothermal heat pump twice a year—once in the spring and again in the fall.
What Happens During Geothermal Heat Pump Maintenance?
Geothermal systems have fewer moving parts than conventional HVAC equipment, and much of the system is underground, where it’s protected from the elements. As a result, ground-source heat pumps often last 20 years, while the buried loops can last 50 years or more.
Of course, to achieve this degree of longevity, you must schedule routine maintenance. You can perform some tasks yourself, such as checking and changing the air filter as needed. You should also keep an eye on the condensate pan and drain to ensure they aren’t harboring algae growth.
Other tasks are best left to a licensed HVAC technician. These include:
- Cleaning the coils and blower motor
- Lubricating mechanical parts
- Tightening all electrical connections
- Looking over the manifold and heat exchanger
- Flushing the tubes of an open-loop system with an acid solution to remove built-up deposits
Benefits of Regular Geothermal Heat Pump Maintenance
Maintaining your geothermal heat pump twice a year requires a small investment, but it’s one that pays you back in many ways, including:
- Lower utility bills: Geothermal systems already perform with extraordinary efficiency, but you can keep your costs as low as possible with routine tune-ups.
- Improved home comfort: Well-maintained geothermal equipment heats and cools your Texas home more effectively. Every room feels more comfortable with even air distribution and adequate humidity control.
- Fewer breakdowns: No one wants to experience a broken geothermal heat pump on a hot, muggy afternoon or chilly winter night. You can help prevent inconvenient system failures with routine maintenance, which gives technicians a chance to find and repair developing problems before they cause serious damage.
- Longer system life span: Want to get the full 20 years from your ground-source heat pump and 50 years from your underground loops? Then you must keep the system tuned up over the years with regular maintenance.
Sign Up for a Geothermal Heat Pump Maintenance Agreement
Total Air & Heat offers comprehensive maintenance agreements to all our customers in Dallas and Plano. Members of our Residential Energy Savings Agreement (RESA) enjoy top-notch geothermal heat pump tune-ups twice a year. Membership also offers exclusive perks, such as:
- A courtesy reminder call when it’s time to schedule maintenance
- Priority, same-day service if your system breaks down
- Discounts on maintenance work
- And more!
Schedule Geothermal Heat Pump Maintenance in North Dallas or Plano
Ensuring your comfort and satisfaction is the reason we do what we do! Total Air & Heat has been known for delivering high-quality HVAC services in Dallas and Plano for over 60 years. During that time, we have perfected the art of getting the job done right the first time around. Let us tackle all your heating and cooling services, including geothermal heat pump maintenance, to keep your home a haven in the Texas heat.