Indoor Air Quality Testing in Dallas & Plano, Texas
How clean is the air in your home? According to the Environmental Protection Agency, probably not very. If you live in Dallas, Texas, or the surrounding areas like Plano, your home could be up to 100 times more polluted than the air outside. Indoor air pollution is one of the top five environmental risks to your health. Studies have shown that year-round asthma symptoms, sneezing, and some allergies could be made worse—or even caused by—poor indoor air quality (IAQ).
There are ways to remedy the poor air quality in your home, like installing a whole-house air filtration system, but first you should get your air quality tested.
Ready to see how clean your air is? Contact us today to discuss solutions for your indoor air quality concerns in your Dallas or Plano home!
Risks of Poor Indoor Air Quality in Plano, TX
The Dallas, Texas area landed the #8 spot on the American Lung Association’s Most Polluted Cities, which already puts you at a higher risk than other places in the US. The risks of living with poor indoor air quality include more frequent illnesses, getting asthma, and aggravated allergy symptoms.
Did you know:
- More than 15 million Americans are estimated to have asthma, including one out of every 13 school-aged children.
- In the last 30 years, the number of people with asthma has gone up by almost 60%.
- 87 percent of American homeowners are not aware that pollution may be worse inside their homes than outdoors.
- The World Health Organization estimates that approximately 30 percent of newly constructed and remodeled facilities have indoor air quality problems.
- Because they breathe faster than adults, children inhale 50 percent more air per pound of body weight than adults and are especially sensitive to air quality problems.
- Over 28 million Americans suffer from hay fever and allergies.
Benefits of Indoor Air Quality Testing in Dallas
Maintaining clean air in your Dallas area home is crucial to maintaining a happy and healthy family. There are many advantages of scheduling an IAQ test with Total Air & Heat, including:
- Reduced odors – Poor air circulation and filtration can cause bad smells to live and grow in certain indoor areas such as basements. Areas where smells make their home are typically damp and dark, making them the perfect spot for mold to grow. Improvements to indoor air quality won’t just reduce smells in those areas — the entire indoor space can benefit, too!
- Improved health – With air quality testing, you will be able to determine the factors that are negatively impacting the health of you and your family.
- Increased home value – Planning on selling your home in the future? Because of odor suppression, buyers will enter your home and smell a fresh, clean environment. This will help potential buyers imagine themselves in your home.
Reap the benefits of better indoor air quality in your Dallas area home! Contact us today to schedule your appointment!
Schedule Indoor Air Quality Testing in Dallas & Plano
Using the results of your indoor air quality test, you and our indoor air quality specialist can work together to select the best solution, which may include lifestyle changes, improved ventilation, thermostats, humidifiers or dehumidifiers, advanced air cleaning technology, or carbon monoxide detectors.
Schedule your indoor air quality test today—you won’t regret it! Contact us online or call us at 866-442-2821.