Should I Install a Wi-Fi Thermostat?
There have been massive and rapid advancements in technology in recent years in the HVAC industry. And in every single way, the team at Total Air & Heat is all for it! Competition and consistent advancement means products and services are always improving, and we’re more than happy to provide them to our Dallas clients. Plus, a lot of it is just really cool.
Modern home technology, often just called smart home devices, improve your life, simplify things, add functionality, and other handy tidbits. In particular today, we’re going to talk about Wi-Fi thermostats—one of our favorites!
Interested in learning more about Wi-Fi thermostats, or getting one installed in your Dallas, TX home? Contact us on the web today to schedule your appointment!
What’s a Wi-Fi Thermostat?
You can also call them internet thermostats, as the terms are interchangeable. These are kind of what you would expect them to be—thermostats with access to the internet and networks via Wi-Fi connections. These systems give you access to various home controls and information that can be accessed from a PC, tablet, smartphone, or any similar device that carries support for the system.
This means you have access to the controls for your thermostat literally anywhere there is Wi-Fi access, giving you an auxiliary means of maintaining the temperatures in your home. But that’s just the start. Wi-Fi thermostats offer way, way more.
How a Wi-Fi Thermostat Installation Benefits You
What benefits, we hear you saying. Well, well, we’re more than happy to tell:
- Reliable and easy mobile access. The first and most obvious is, of course, you have access to your thermostat from anywhere. No longer having to go to the panel to change things is nice in its own right, but the potential really comes in handy when you find yourself away from home unexpectedly, or like to keep your system off until an hour before you come home.
- Smart thermostat adjustments. Smart thermostats are programmable and will learn your heating and cooling preferences over time, making small adjustments where needed. This means not only a more comfortable home, but a more efficient one, too.
- Improved efficiency and lower heating and cooling costs. And what does that efficiency net us? Savings! With more precision in your temperature control, you’ll see lower energy costs overall, making a Wi-Fi thermostat one of the smartest HVAC investments you can make these days.
- Added functions. Auxiliary functions are nice, too, allowing you to control your fans remotely and adjust temperatures any time you need to. Applications are evolving, too, always looking for more ways to improve your quality of life.
- Reports and alerts. Wi-Fi thermostats compile useful information into detailed reports that you can review any time. With these, you can find recommendations on how to increase your home efficiency or more effectively keep your home comfortable. Wi-Fi systems also issue alerts when your home becomes too hot or cold, helping you to detect potential problems quickly.
Install a Wi-Fi Thermostat in Your Dallas & Plano Area Home
At Total Heat & Air, we install multiple types of thermostats so you can choose the best option that suits your lifestyle. Whether you want to control your home’s temperature on the go or you’re looking for a more simple solution, we can help you determine the best fit. If you’re ready to improve your home’s heating and cooling, give our heating and cooling experts a call! We’ve been serving Dallas, Plano, and the surrounding areas since 1957.