Air Conditioner Installation in Dallas & Plano, Texas
A summer season in Plano, TX can provide you and your family with loads of fun and excitement. Whether you like to walk the streets of historic downtown Plano, or prefer the sights and sounds of Oak Point Park & Nature Preserve, our city is perfect for the summer season. But, when you get home, it’s time to escape the stinging summer heat, and to do that, you need a reliable and powerful air conditioning system.
At Total Air & Heat, providing top-notch cooling systems to our clients is just the way our business works. It is our endless goal to provide Plano and Dallas area homeowners with the best, most efficient, and most dependable air conditioner systems around. And to do that, we offer up industry-leading certified HVAC professionals, and top notch cooling systems from Trane!
Do you need a new top quality air conditioner installation for your home in Dallas, Plano, or the surrounding areas? Contact Total Air & Heat online today to get started!
Air Conditioner Installation
When the heat comes barreling in, there’s only one thing that can provide relief—your air conditioner. Without an efficient system you might find yourself sweating all summer long. Don’t put up with an air conditioner than can’t keep your home comfortable. The solution? Install a new air conditioner in your Plano home!
The most important day of your air conditioner’s life is the day it is installed. Why? Well, if your system is not installed correctly, it might be running inefficiently—costing you extra money each month! When you choose Total Air & Heat for air conditioner installation in Dallas and Plano, you can rest easy knowing you have experts doing the job. Whether you need a completely new system, a replacement, or a ductless unit added to an addition, our team can help.
For unparalleled air conditioner installation services in Plano, Texas, contact Total Air & Heat!
Types of AC Units
There are a few choices when it comes to types of air conditioners. The type of cooling system you choose should be based on the architecture of your Plano home, your environmental consciousness, and the size of your home.
- Central air conditioning systems – Central AC units cool your home by pumping cold air through ducts in your walls. Typically, the evaporator system is located in the basement, so if you have limited space, you may want to choose a mini-split system or heat pump.
- Mini-split or ductless air conditioners – Mini-split systems eliminate the need for ductwork by using thin copper tubing that pumps refrigerant directly to wall mounted blowers inside one room. This also works in reverse in winter, absorbing heat from the outside air and moving it indoors to heat your home.
- Heat pumps – Similar to mini-split systems, heat pumps absorb the air from the outside and remove the heat from it, creating a nice flow of cold air inside. Heat pumps do use ductwork, unless you specify for a ductless heat pump. In a reverse cycle, you can use a heat pump to heat your home as well.
- Geothermal air conditioners – Using pipes buried deep in the ground, geothermal AC units use water and the earth’s temperature to extract heat from the air and pump out chilled air through ductwork. This is the most energy-efficient type of AC unit.
Our trained specialists will help you choose the best AC unit for you and your family, and we offer up-front and honest pricing. We’re not happy unless you’re happy, so we’ll make sure your new air conditioner installation or replacement works as efficiently as possible.
Should You Install a New Air Conditioner in Dallas?
If you’re not sure whether you need a new air conditioner, you’re not alone. It can be confusing, especially if you inherited it when you moved into a new Texas home. If you know your air conditioner is at least 10-15 years old, it’s worth it to have a professional come out and inspect it.
Older air conditioners probably don’t have as high fuel efficiency as newer ones, because standards set by the Department of Energy have changed. One of the biggest reasons we see people install new air conditioners is that it saves them money on their cooling bills in the long run. It’s likely that a new air conditioner will automatically have a higher fuel efficiency than an older one.
When Should I Get My Air Conditioner Replaced?
Typically, you should replace your air conditioner every 15-20 years or when you notice any of the following signs:
- You need to call for repairs more often. If you need more than two repairs in any season, there is no question you need an air conditioner replacement. Even if you’ve had repairs any time in the last two years, you should consider an upgrade or new air conditioner installation.
- Your cooling bills are going up. Despite fuel costs steadily rising year over year, your cooling bills shouldn’t creep up that much. If you notice a large increase, you need to get a new air conditioner.
- Your home still feels hot. If it never seems like your home is cool enough, you may need to change your filters or get a new cooling system installed.
- You notice a reduction in air quality. If you or your family have noticed a decline in air quality in your home, it could very well be your air conditioner or HVAC system in general.
A big mistake we see lots of folks in the Plano and Dallas area make is putting off replacing their air conditioner, opting to continually get repairs instead. You’re actually losing money when you do that! Modern AC units are more energy-efficient than models from even five years ago, and the savings you get from monthly energy bills should pay for your unit within five years. Since AC units last at least 15 years, that’s a whole 10 years of cash-in-your-pocket savings!
If you’ve started to experience any of the issues listed above, contact Total Air & Heat! We will quickly and efficiently install a new air conditioner in your Plano home.
The Benefits of a New Air Conditioner Installation
Wondering why you might want to trade in your old, faithful air conditioner system for a new air conditioner upgrade? You might be surprised to find that the benefits are far more than just cooler air. When you choose an air conditioner installation with Total Air & Heat, you can expect:
- Better home comfort. A modern cooling system just provides for your cooling needs better, easy as that. You’ll get more cooling for what you pay in, ensuring your home is well-equipped to handle the worst of a Texas summer.
- A more efficient air conditioner. Not only will your new air conditioner upgrade be stronger, but you’ll even pay less to get your comfort! The energy-efficiency of newer Trane models far, far outstripes that of older units, meaning more comfort at less cost.
- More reliable cooling. Past the 10 to 15 year mark, you’ll notice that your current cooling unit will need repair more often, and is much more likely to wear out completely. Replacing your air conditioner now heads off the issue, reducing the stress of having to go without adequate cooling in the middle of a summer season.
- Less carbon footprint and helping the environment. Older units still use R-22, a compound that is being gradually phased out due to its negative environmental impact and health risks. By swapping to a new system you’re not only getting a better system, but one that’s better for our planet as well.
Why Choose Total Air & Heat?
Did you know that correctly installing an air conditioner can reduce your home’s cooling costs by up to 30 percent? Without a correctly installed air conditioner, you may have air flow problems, mechanical problems, and insulation problems that can cause cold air to escape.
Following these industry best practices helps us make sure your air conditioner is:
- Correctly sized to meet your home’s needs
- Connected to a well-sealed duct system
- Operating with sufficient airflow in the system
- Installed with the proper amount of refrigerant
Our team has expertly installed air conditioners in Dallas area homes since 1957. Trust Total Air & Heat for air conditioner installation services in Plano, Texas—give us a call at 866-442-2821!
Contact Total Air & Heat for New Air Conditioner Installation in Dallas & Plano
When considering a new or replacement air conditioner, it’s best to factor in your monthly bills, how old your existing air conditioner is, and how reliable it is. If it’s obvious your air conditioner is at the end of its life, save yourself the hassle of paying for continuous repairs and go ahead and get a new air conditioner—you’ll have to eventually get one anyway, and the sooner you do, the more money you’ll save!
Contact Total Air & Heat today to get a quote on new air conditioner installation in the Greater Dallas area, including Plano!